Credit & Collections Representative
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
With general direction and working within established guidelines and with predefined limits of approval, the Credit and Collections Representative performs a wide variety of credit and collections functions and is also responsible for related activities.
- High volume of outbound communications to customers to collect delinquent payments or establish repayment schedules as warranted
- Reducing past due trade receivables in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Providing a high level of service to our customers to optimize customer satisfaction while mitigating credit risk and resolving disputes
- Maintaining the accounts receivable system to include accurate and timely records of customer correspondence, applied payments, credit approvals, review notes and dispute resolution
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with remote business teams and other Home Office departments
- Actively participating in coordination and completion of special projects assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S., preferably in Accounting
- Prior experience is preferred, but we will train and grow the right individual!
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- The ability to perform in a deadline oriented, dynamic environment
- Effective negotiation skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written skills
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.