Customer Operations Associate
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Customer Operations Associate is responsible for overseeing the onsite Resource Management program. This associate must be able to maintain a high standard of physical operations and manage day to day managerial responsibilities. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): monitoring material streams generated at the facility, scheduling material movements (MSW, metals, non-regulated waste, recyclables), executing continuous improvement ideas, providing feedback to the customer on operational issues, processing recyclable materials and operating equipment. This position will report to the Strategic Account Manager.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Management (10% of the associates work day)
- Manage the daily logistical needs of the customer’s facility via phone/email
- Assist in identifying continuous improvement initiatives as it pertains to material collection, material processing
- Ensure safety is at the forefront of operations
- Maintain forklift and facility safety checklists
- Maintain positive relationships with key contacts within the program
- Attend regular safety meetings
Material Processing/Equipment Operations (90% of associates work day)
- Sort materials based on commodity and value
- Load trailers/open top dumpsters with materials in a safe manner using a forklift
- Collect scrap materials throughout the customers facility
- Identify opportunities to improve collection methods and increase material value
- Provide feedback on material contamination
- Process production scrap: Bale cardboard, LDPE film and operate trash compactor
- Maintain general housekeeping to exceed customer expectations
Skills & Knowledge
- Outlook e-mail
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Equipment operation skills (forklift, vertical balers and compactors)
- 1-3 years manufacturing
- Minimum 6 months – 1 year equipment operation
- Worked in a mature safety culture
- Success in a fast paced team environment
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Lifting 30 lbs. frequently – 65 lbs. several times / day
- Standing for up to 8 hrs. / day
- Getting on and off equipment
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.